This is the blog of Guythatnooneknows. This blog is intended to amuse and entertain, but also, to tell you what you should think about everything important to Guythatnooneknows.

Sunday, March 27, 2005

First Baptist Church of Hastings... WHA HAPPEN???

It's Easter Sunday. Argueably the most significant Sunday in all of Christianity. I was really looking forward to attending Easter Sunday Service at Calavary Non-Denominational church in Grand Rapids. However, my grandparents are in town and my grandma has more then a few screws loose, so she decided not to go to Easter Sunday Service. Which was the only reason they even were invited up to Hastings. So anyways, becuase my grandma decided not to go I decided to go with my grandpa so he wouldn't have to sit alone in the service.

What a huge huge huge mistake that was.

Easter Sunday is a celebration. It's the day that Christ rose from the grave. It's the day that all those prophecies he made actually came true. It's a great day to be a christian!! CELEBRATE IT BITCHES!!

But no, not the ole FBC. What did they do? They turned the lights down, they closed the shades, they sang all about the cross he died on. They did little theatrical bits about how regretful people watching the crucifixtion were for not doing anything to stop it. There was not one single song throughout the entire hour and a half service that was remotely rejoicing the rising of Christ. Nothing.

And that's nothing to speak of the people in the auditorium. The choir did not smile, they glared. The audience did not wear celebratory Easter clothes like I did when I was little, they wore black and dark colors. The service did not keep me awake, it put me to sleep. Their bulletin that they print every week had the words, "First Baptist Church Celebrates Easter" on the cover, however, there was no celebration.

It was the single most depressing Easter service I've ever been a part of. It was lame. It was exactly what I remember First Baptist Church being 3 years ago. It was lame.

I thought about how much I read that my friend Chuck looks forward to attending Easter service every year because it means so much to him. I thought that during the first hour of the service. During the second hour, I thought about how I couldn't wait to leave.

That's not what Easter is about folks, not at all. Let this be a lesson to me for changing my mind and attending FBC at the last minute...

NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?