This is the blog of Guythatnooneknows. This blog is intended to amuse and entertain, but also, to tell you what you should think about everything important to Guythatnooneknows.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Boy Am I Pissed About This...

Last night I went to a movie with some friends. During the excruciatingly long previews there was a particular preview that pissed me right off. Brace yourself horror movie fans. Brace yourself hard.

There remaking The Amityville Horror. What's worse? It's from the producers of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. WHat's worse is, that's the Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Jessica Biel. Ya, the new one. The new one that completely sucked balls. The only redeeming quality about that movie was Jessica Biel.

What exactly pisses me off about this? Well, the fact that it won't be nearly as scary as the original, or nearly as cool. During the preview there were loads of creepy voices. In the original there is only 1 creepy voice line. I garuntee when the blood runs down the walls, it will look HORRIBLE, because new horror movies rely too much on CGI's for their horror movies. I garuntee there will be no large rat head with dark red eyes glowing out at you from the top window like there was in the original. It will be some creepy ass ridiculous looking thing.

Then there's the lead character and his wife. Played by Ryan Reynolds (who I don't really have anything against personally) and his wife Melissa George.

Firstly, let me just say that Ryan Reynolds won't be a good replacement for the original actor in the original Amityville Horror. Ryan Reynolds doesn't look quirky enough to pull off this role. Plus, after his lacluster performance in Blade Trinity I doubt he could act his way out of a box, like he'll need to in this movie. Secondly, those of you that watched the original know that the lead character's wife is totally hot. Totally. Now, she's being played by Melissa George. Judge for yourself but I say she's not that hot!!

All that said, I will likely see this movie at some point. But certainly not in the theatres, I'd rather waste my money on something a lot less retarded, like The Interpreter or some shit.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?