This is the blog of Guythatnooneknows. This blog is intended to amuse and entertain, but also, to tell you what you should think about everything important to Guythatnooneknows.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The Super Bowl!!

New England Patriots have won Super Bowl XXXIX. That's 39 for you retards! With a final score of 24-21, the Patriots have in fact established the first dynasty team in the 21st century. This is significant because they are now mentioned with such teams as the 60s' Green Bay Packers, the 70s' Pittsburgh Steelers, the 80s' San Francisco 49ers, and the 90s' Dallas Cowboys.

I'd just like to mention that Tom Brady is the man. For those that don't know, he played for the Michigan Wolverines before advancing to the NFL. He has never lost a post season game ever, that he has started, dating all the way back to all 4 years in the post season in college.

Now, to next season's Super Bowl. Super Bowl 40 or XL for you educated motherfuckers. It's in Detriot in the new Ford Field, you know, the one those horrible Detriot Lions play on. I know this isn't going to happen, but wouldn't it be freakin cool to have the Detriot Lions playing in their own hosted Super Bowl. How could they lose??? That's right, they couldn't.

Here's what I expect from the Lions next year.



That's right! Lions eating and devouring! I'm looking for Joey Harrington to have a break out year just like Drew Brees did this year. If not, I'm going to have to finally throw in the towel for Joey myself. I expect Charlie Rogers to finally play a year in the NFL and not get his damn shoulder hurt again. I expect Roy Williams to be a great possesion reciever and propel the Lions offense to a 10-6 season. Even if they don't manage to make the playoffs I'll be happy if they have an 8-8 record or better.

Kevin Jones will run for around 1,300 yards and will have somewhere in the vacinity of 500 recieving yards. The defense will be bend but don't break. They will certainly give up some points, but I expect they'll use their 10th selection in the draft to pick up someone good defensively. In fact, I'll go on a limb and say they use 5 of their 7 picks on defensive upgrades. Finally their corners will be healthy and we should see some stepping up from their linebacker play.

I will say this though, if their season goes in the crapper again like it did the last two years, I don't think it's the fault of the coaching staff, because they have good guys there. It will be placed squarely on the shoulders of their players. It's time for the Lions' players to step it up a notch and stop being such wussbags. I suggest before they tear apart the coaching staff they should drop the big name players and build a franchise around Charlie Rogers, Kevin Jones and Roy Williams. That would be hard because it's tough to build a dynasty around 2 wide recievers, but I think it can be done.

Ok, enough about the Lions. On to the Super Bowl halftime show. I thought it was the best halftime show in recent memory. Granted Paul McCartney is old and maybe a little out of touch but the songs he performed and the performance itself was amazing. The best part was when Paul was performing "Hey Jude" and they dropped the insturments out and you could hear everyone in the stadium screaming "na na na na na na na, Hey Jude" Way better halftime show then those two dueches JT and JJ with the boob slip or whatever the fuck you wanna call it. And WAY better then the retarded Britney Spears/Aerosmith/Nelly/N'Sync clusterfuck that was two years ago.

Great Super Bowl this year, the game was really good until late in the 4th quarter when the Eagles looked like they had given up. I hope this recent trend of good Super Bowl games continues for a while. Even though every now and again I like to see a good thrashing from teams, I like the good close games. If I wanted to see thrashings every year I'd watch more college football then I do, like say when Michigan plays Saint Augistine's College for the Blind and Deaf.

Finally, Congratulations again to the New England Patriots and in particular, Super Bowl MVP Dieon Branch on tying the NFL record for catches in a Super Bowl. Great season guys, you all made a believer out of me!


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?