This is the blog of Guythatnooneknows. This blog is intended to amuse and entertain, but also, to tell you what you should think about everything important to Guythatnooneknows.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The Saga Continues

So, today at work I made my triumphant return to the air trailer. Now, there were roughly eight people in the air trailer including myself and Amy Niemchek (or however the fuck she spells her last name). Amy and I happened to be the only two that were by ourselves in seperate air cans. Now, I was determined to make a huge impact on today's air trailer, by completely owning every other person that was doubled up in an air can. So I started my quest and set my mind to unloading the air can I was in by myself.

As I was nearing the halfway point, Amy came over and politely asked if I would consider helping her unload her can. Now, before I go on, I must explain to you what kind of mood I get in whenever I see her. On a normal day, I could see myself getting along with Amy, to the point that we could even talk about things that have pertenance to everyday life. However, ever since the arguement we got into, I have looked at her with red target circles in my eyes, not because I'm still insulted by what she says, but because of the way she is treated by every supervisor that comes in contact with her.

Ever since our fight, I have been the go to guy so to speak for complaints from everyone about the way she is treated. Now, you'd think taht the supervisors would be more interested in the guys, that day in and day out, put money on their tables by unloading trailers as fast as they can. It's fuckin cold in those trailers, and I mean cold. You may be protected by the wind, but those trailers are generally made of a thin insulated aluminum sheeting, that, when it's cold its freezing, not right away, but it lingers, it burns inside you until, you don't realize that your cold until your body is freezing, toes, fingers, neck, what have you. Bottom line, it's really cold. When it's hot, it's sweltering in there as well. All that to say, unloading is a tough job, and it doesn't get any easier when it's cold. So you'd think that the supervisors would rather treat the unloaders with their due respect then give a girl, all kinds of power, who besides the air trailer, which is way easier then a regular trailer, who hasn't unloaded a full trailer in over 3 months.

But sadly, that's not the case. So my anger with her is fueled no longer by what she did to me, but what she does to the rest of the guys that bust their ass for their pay check. So, calmly, but with a fierce, unmistakeable tinge in my voice, I looked her dead in the eyes and said, "Sorry Amy, I don't unload with bitches anymore."

I finally said what I had been thinking. And looking back in her eyes, I saw the anger that I have seen through my own eyes, boiling from hers, and honestly, inside, somewhere deep inside, I was happy. Happy that I made her upset, happy that I ruined the rest of her day at work, and whatever happens tomorrow, I'll take it happy.

I'm aware there will be potentially severe ramifications to come for me for saying what I said, but sometimes, it's a neccessary evil. Amy needs to be told she's a bitch, because she is.

It should be known though, that I don't place all the blame for Amy's ego squarely on her shoulders, I place a hefty amount on Lou's (my supervisors) shoulders. Amy wants to be a supervisor, and she's already being set up for incredible failure, because she's still union and already no one likes her or appreciates the way she does things. People won't forget about the way she's treated them, ever, and once she becomes supervisor, she will be ridden harder then any other supervisor around, not just by me, but by everyone that she's upset. You may find that unfair, but that's just the way it is inside the walls of a union shop.

Anyways, I know this won't be the last of this story, but it certainly may turn out to be the most noteworthy of chapters.

-Guy


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?